March. Madness. If those two words fill you with excitement, then you just might be from our corner of North Carolina. The NCAA Basketball Championship is always among the most exciting events of the year in North Carolina, thanks in part to a long, storied tradition of success from our home teams in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Our real estate agents already have March Madness spirit, and we've put together a guide to the biggest local North Carolina basketball programs to follow in this year's tournament.
March Madness, NC Style: Get to Know Your Home Teams before the Big Event
It Starts with Selection Sunday
Before the big games get underway, we've got to learn who's in the tournament, and where they're seeded. All of that information will be revealed on Selection Sunday, which takes place this year on March 11, 2018. The good news is that we don't need to worry about whether Duke, North Carolina, or NC State will be making the tournament. They've done the work required to get in, so Selection Sunday will be all about finding out where they're seeded, and who'll they'll be playing.
Shop for Durham homes for sale this time of year, and you're sure to see plenty of pride for the Duke Blue Devils throughout the city. Duke is set to enter this year's March Madness as one of the top seeds in the country, with an experienced squad led by some truly notable names.
- Duke March Madness History – Led by coach Mike Krzyzewski, the Duke Blue Devils have won five national championships, with a total of 11 appearances in the final game.
- Big Names on This Year's Duke Roster – The 2018 Blue Devils are an offensive powerhouse, lead by Marvin Bagley III who's averaging more than 20 points per game. Senior Grayson Allen is the team's second-leading scorer and a major team leader in the locker room for Duke.
The iconic powder-blue uniforms of the University of North Carolina basketball team will be proudly displayed throughout Chapel Hill and beyond during March Madness. And you can be sure that when the big games kick off, TVs in Chapel Hill homes everywhere will be tuned to March Madness. The University of North Carolina will also be entering the tournament with a high seed because basketball excellence is just what we do around here.
- University of North Carolina March Madness History – With six national championships and a record 20 appearances in the Final Four, North Carolina is one of the most successful programs in college basketball history.
- Notable Names on the North Carolina Roster – The Tar Heels are led by the dynamic duo of Joel Berry II and Luke Maye, who are each posting more than 17 points per game. Luke Maye also loves doing the hard work under the basket, earning more than 10 rebounds per game.
A close proximity to the storied North Carolina State University is one of the perks of shopping Raleigh homes for sale, and you'll feel right at home with other NC State fans as you explore the city during March Madness. The team at NC State has enjoyed a very solid season this year, sitting just outside the top 25 nationally and in a great position to make some noise in the tournament.
- NC State March Madness History – The NC State Wolfpack has won two national championships, with a win in 1974 and one of the most memorable victories in history in 1983.
- The Leaders of This Year's NC State Team – This year's NC State team features a balanced scoring attack, with four players averaging more than 10 points per game, including Allerik Freeman, Torin Dorn, Omer Yurtseven, and Braxton Beverley. Point guard Markell Johnson leads the offense.
Are you searching for a home close to all of the amazing college basketball action in North Carolina and a real estate team who understands how to achieve your goals? Contact Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston to buy and sell homes in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, NC.